Saturday, October 3, 2009

This past weekend, we got the sad news that Ian's 93 year-old grandma has passed away. So, we headed out to Saint George, Utah for the funeral and to be with family. Despite the unpleasant circumstances, I was very excited to meet the rest of the Dewey side of the family. They did not disappoint. They were wonderful, funny and fun, just like I expected. We made the long drive to Saint George and stopped by Zion's National Park. It was so beautiful. I had never been there before. While there we were able to see a great friend and spend some time with her and her cute family.

Saturday morning was the funeral and all week I had been learning about this wonderful lady, Grandma Dewey. I had only met her once when Ian and I were just friends, so it was great to learn so much about her. The funeral was beautiful! Perfect! A wonderful memorial to wonderful lady. Sitting in the chapel, learning more of this wonderful family I am blessed to be apart of, I have never been more proud to be a Sister Dewey!


































4 comments:

The Chambers said...

oh no fun! Sorry to hear that! Tra' lost his grandmother last month too. It was really neat for me to learn about her and what an amazing woman she was also. The pictures of the temple are BEAUTIFUL! Oh my goodness! You look great too! It's been so long since we have seen you guys, we need to get together and have fun for the holidays.

Mindy Jo said...

Oh Shelly Elly! You took some great shots of the temple. I'm so glad you had that time w/ the Deweys! You married good, huh? See you soon! Love you!

Julie said...

Awe! It was sooo fun to see you and Ian! I am glad I got to see you two TOGETHER:) Just like the old days! BTW, I made my blog public again so no invite needed. :) it is just jujubug2.blogspot.com Love you guys!

Shana said...

You blogged! And it looks so good! I love all the pictures! Miss you!